How does Cingal work?
How does Cingal work? Cingal is a viscous (thick) is for intra-articular injection, as a sterile mixture of hyaluronan with a steroid. The hyaluronan is highly purified and made from bacterial fermentation. Hyaluronan is a natural chemical found in the body. High amounts of hyaluronan are found in the joint tissues and in the fluid that fills the joints. The body’s own hyaluronan acts as a lubricant and a shock absorber in the joint. It is needed for the joint to work properly.
What’s in the box?
- 1 x 5ml : Cross linked Sodium Hyaluronate 88mg
- Triamcinolone Hexacetonide 18mg
What are the benefits of Cingal?
Sodium Hyaluronate’s essential properties can:
- Perform shock absorbency properties within the synovial joint
- Lubricate the synovial compartment
How can Cingal help?
With osteoarthritis, there is not always sufficient natural hyaluronan in the joint area, and the quality of that hyaluronan may be poorer than normal. Cingal supplements hyaluronan to the knee joint, whilst also using steroid, triamcinolone hexacetonide, to provide short-term and long-lasting pain relief by reducing inflammation, while the hyaluronan component provides long-lasting pain relief. Cingal is given in a single shot (injection) directly into the joint of the knee.
Avoid Cingal if you:
- are allergic to hyaluronan products or to preparations containing triamcinolone hexacetonide.
- have any known allergies. You should consult your healthcare professional to determine if you are able to receive a CingalTM injection.
- have infections or skin diseases around the injection site.