What is Klonopin 2mg and how is it used?
Klonopin 2mg is a prescription medicine used to treat the symptoms of seizures and panic disorder. Klonopin may be used alone or with other medications.
Klonopin belongs to a class of drugs called Antianxiety Agents, Anxiolytics, Benzodiazepines, Anticonvulsants, Benzodiazepine.
What are the possible side effects of Klonopin 2mg?
Klonopin may cause serious side effects including:
- new or worsening seizures,
- severe drowsiness,
- unusual changes in mood or behavior,
- thoughts of suicide or hurting yourself,
- weak or shallow breathing,
- pounding heartbeats or fluttering in your chest, and
- unusual or involuntary eye movements
Get medical help right away, if you have any of the symptoms listed above.
The most common side effects of Klonopin include:
- feeling tired or depressed,
- memory problems, and
- problems with balance or coordination
Tell the doctor if you have any side effect that bothers you or that does not go away.
These are not all the possible side effects of Klonopin. For more information, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
RISKS FROM CONCOMITANT USE WITH OPIOIDS
Concomitant use of benzodiazepines and opioids may result in profound sedation, respiratory depression, coma, and death (see WARNINGS).
- Reserve concomitant prescribing of these drugs for use in patients for whom alternative treatment options are inadequate.
- Limit dosages and durations to the minimum required.
- Follow patients for signs and symptoms of respiratory depression and sedation.
DESCRIPTION Klonopin 2mg
Klonopin 2mg, a benzodiazepine, is available as scored tablets with a K-shaped perforation containing 0.5 mg of clonazepam and unscored tablets with a K-shaped perforation containing 1 mg or 2 mg of clonazepam. Each tablet also contains lactose, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose and corn starch, with the following colorants: 0.5 mg—FD&C Yellow No. 6 Lake; 1 mg—FD&C Blue No. 1 Lake and FD&C Blue No. 2 Lake.
Chemically, clonazepam is 5-(2-chlorophenyl)-1,3-dihydro-7-nitro-2H-1,4- benzodiazepin-2-one. It is a light yellow crystalline powder. It has a molecular weight of 315.72 and the following structural formula: