Luminera Crystalys is a calcium hydroxyapatite-based injectable dermal filler designed to restore facial volume and natural contours by promoting generation and deposition of natural collagen, the body’s physiological soft tissue filler. The beneficial effects of Crystalys are both immediate and long lasting. Clinical results are evident for up to 2 years, depending on the volume injected, patient skin properties and age.
What are the advantages of Luminera Crystalys?
- Marketed since September 2011, with tens of thousands of syringes marketed so far, worldwide.
- Extensive clinical experience.
- Sound safety profile.
- Safe active ingredient with over a decade of marketing experience in dermal fillers.
- Many decades of clinical experience using Calcium Hydroxyapatite in dental, bone and surgical implants.
- CE certified.
- Biocompatible and biodegradable.
- Promotes generation of natural collagen.
- Provides a volumizing, lifting effect.
No serious adverse events were reported after Crystalys treatments. Side effects were mild, correctable and typical of injection site reactions; none were filler-related.
Clinical results are evident for up to 2 years, depending on the volume injected, patient skin properties and age.
What is the main composition of Crystalys?
- Calcium hydroxyapatite (55.7%) microspheres of 25-45 microns diameter, Glycerin, CMC and Phosphate buffer.
- Crystalys is provided in a 1.25 mL prefilled graduated syringe.
Immediate- Injected areas are filled and lifted, resulting in superb ‘on the spot’ outcome.
Long term- The calcium hydroxyapatite microspheres form a scaffold supportive of fibroblast ingrowth, which, in turn, produces and deposits new collagen, a natural volumizing agent in facial regions. Calcium hydroxyapatite degradation is synchronous with neo-collagen deposition at the injection site, providing a lasting, natural, full and youthful look.